Need a pentagonal pyramid that's six inches tall? Or a number line that goes from ‑18 to 32 by 5's? Or a set of pattern blocks where all shapes have one-inch sides? You can create all those things and more with the Dynamic Paper tool. Place the images you want, then export it as a PDF activity sheet for your students or as a JPEG image for use in other applications or on the web.
This applet allows you to create the following:
- Nets – two-dimensional outlines of three-dimensional shapes, including regular polyhedra, prisms, pyramids, cylinders and cones
- Graph Paper – coordinate graphs, polar coordinates, logarithmic graph paper
- Number Lines – including positive and negative coordinates
- Number Grids – hundreds boards and the like
- Tessellations – tiling patterns involving triangles, quadrilaterals, and hexagons
- Shapes – pattern blocks, attribute blocks, and color tiles
- Spinners – up to 16 sectors, with adjustable sizes
Select the tab for the type of image you want, enter values for the parameters, and click Add to insert an image into the workspace. On the workspace, you can adjust the size of the image; to change other characteristics, you will need to adjust the values of the parameters on the dashboard.
The Reset button will restore the default values for all parameters.
The + and – keys can be used to create additional pages, and the arrow keys can be used to move back and forth between them. Images that you create will be inserted on the current page; if you delete that page, the images will be deleted, too.
The eraser button will delete all images on the current page. The trash can icon will delete all pages and erase all image, and a new blank document will be started.
More information is available under the Help tab in the applet.